Warehouse Design Consultants Overview
Store smartly. Fulfill flawlessly. Scale smoothly.
These are the desired outcomes of optimal warehousing and distribution that FCBCO targets when creating and advising on comprehensive fulfillment solutions for clients.
Our clients benefit from decades of expertise designing new warehouse facilities and retrofits of existing operations to better meet current requirements, and future needs.
We ensure that your distribution center layout incorporates dozens of design considerations that can be costly to under-consider, and disastrous to overlook.
Benefit from a carefully crafted warehouse design
- Increased confidence and assurance during the design process and buildout.
- Inclusion of best practices from our experience with hundreds of warehouse design and buildouts.
- Faster acceptance by all stakeholders to proceed with the design.
- Avoidance of unnecessary stress and surprises during the buildout that could lead to difficult decisions.
- A warehouse design that improves your existing operations and adjusts to future opportunities.
Benefit from comprehensive fulfillment consulting services
- Master warehouse design planning including material handling equipment and warehouse automation and control systems.
- New and existing distribution center design and engineering, as well as build to suit options.
- Improving productivity and efficiencies for greater throughput and fulfillment accuracy.
As warehouse design consultants, we strive to understand all aspects of your supply chain, product characteristics and storage needs, growth plans and fulfillment processes. These factors will impact the warehouse design process as we work with your team.
Benefit from decades of experience to achieve your desired results
The warehouse design process will seek to optimize your warehouse and distribution center operations implementing the following aspects:
- Design options for supporting all inbound receiving docks and processes.
- Layout of all value-added services including labeling, kitting and repackaging.
- Options for storing bulk inventory, including ambient and climate-controlled space.
- A detailed distribution center layout to support order picking and fulfillment, including conventional options, and ways to implement automation to support growth.
- Packing and shipping design options to support the outbound volumes including the shipping staging, docks and doors.
- Design of warehouse offices, on the floor workstations, and breakrooms.
- Inclusion of facility support and maintenance areas, lift truck charging and equipment areas.
Once the design is finalized, FCBCO will develop the detailed bill of materials, and assist your team with receiving competitive bids for all material handling and automation equipment.
Benefit from our thorough warehouse design methodology
From concept through collaboration and to completion, FCBCO will work in partnership with you and your team to you to develop an efficient and productive facility design.
Your management team will understand how various warehouse design options impact operations and support long-term growth. Throughout the process, our team will help your company to evaluate the type(s) of material handling equipment and automation solutions that are well-suited for your operations.
More specifically, our methodology for warehouse design includes:
- Gather appropriate metrics and information to support the design.
- Site visits with your operational team to observe the current process and collect information on product storage needs.
- Develop applicable recommendations to improve product workflow, productivity, efficiencies, and space utilization.
- Quickly develop multiple layout options in CAD for a precise engineered layout.
- Once all of the elements for the options are reviewed and selected, we will then develop a final detailed, engineered CAD drawing for your team.
- Deliver, review and discuss the final CAD warehouse layout and design with the management team.
- Prepare the equipment information and specs, budgetary cost breakdown for each piece of equipment, and a best estimate ROI - where appropriate - of all material handling equipment and automation that is included in the new CAD layout drawings.
- Ensure the design elements work within your warehouse management system.
Invite us to help you design your next warehouse or distribution center, implementing industry-wide best practices and innovative design options to support order growth with increased speed and accuracy.
Benefit from a detailed warehouse capacity and growth analysis
Considering a facility enlargement, redesign, or buildout but want to make investment decisions with greater confidence? Then, request a warehouse facility assessment tailored to your company's specific circumstances, market forecasts, and growth targets.
This great first step in streamlining fulfillment both now and down the road will detail what is working well and where there is room for improvement. This isn't a watered-down, high-level analysis. No, you get a comprehensive report complete with metrics proving our findings and with specific actions that you can take, short-term and long term, that will propel your warehouse efficiency to new levels.